Dental implants are an effective and reliable way to restore broken teeth. These are titanium prosthetic tooth roots that are implanted into the jawbone. Once integrated into the surrounding bone, a replacement tooth or crown is attached to the implant, producing a stable and long-lasting restoration.
There are several benefits of Dental implants when compared to other options available, such as
- Gives a Natural Appearance: Dental implants provide a realistic look and feel akin to natural teeth. The crowns attached to the implants are custom-designed to match the colour, shape, and size of your existing teeth, providing a seamless and natural appearance.
- Preservation of Bone Structure: When a tooth is lost, the surrounding bone may start to deteriorate over time. Dental implants stimulate the bone, preventing bone loss and maintaining the natural contours of the jaw.
- Long-Term Solution: With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last for many years, and in some cases, a lifetime. This longevity surpasses other tooth replacement options like bridges or dentures, which may require replacement or adjustment over time.
- Enhanced Chewing Ability: Dental implants function like natural teeth, providing strong and stable support for chewing. This allows individuals to enjoy a wide range of food without restrictions, improving overall nutrition and well-being.
- Improved Speech: Ill-fitting dentures can cause slurred speech or difficulty pronouncing words. Dental implants provide a stable foundation, helping to restore natural speech patterns and confidence.
- Enhanced Comfort: Dental implants eliminate the discomfort and inconvenience associated with removable dentures. There are no adhesives or clasps to contend with, and implants become a permanent part of your oral structure.
- Boosted Self-Esteem: The natural appearance and functionality of dental implants can significantly improve self-esteem and confidence. Patients often experience increased comfort in social interactions, smiling, and speaking without concerns about their teeth.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants support optimal oral hygiene practices. Unlike bridges, which may require special flossing techniques, dental implants can be cared for with regular brushing and flossing.
- Predictable Success: Dental implant procedures have a high success rate when performed by skilled and experienced professionals. The success rate is generally well above 90%, making it a reliable and predictable treatment option.
Types of Dental Implants:
- Endosteal Implants: Placed directly into the jawbone, these are the most common types of dental implants.
- Subperiosteal Implants: Positioned on or above the jawbone, under the gum tissue. They are used when the patient lacks sufficient natural bone height.
- Zygomatic Implants: Longer implants that are anchored in the cheekbone (zygoma) rather than the upper jawbone. They are used in cases where there is significant bone loss in the upper jaw.
Dental Implant Procedure:
- Consultation and Planning: Evaluation of the patient's oral health, medical history, and imaging to determine candidacy. A treatment plan is created.
- Placement of Implant: The implant fixture is strategically positioned within the jawbone through a surgical procedure.This is typically done under local anesthesia, and the area undergoes a healing period.
- Healing Period (Osseointegration): Over several weeks to months, the implant fuses with the jawbone in a process called osseointegration.
- Abutment Placement: Once osseointegration is complete, an abutment is attached to the implant, which protrudes above the gum line.
- Impressions and Replacement Tooth Fabrication: Impressions are taken, and a replacement tooth (crown, bridge, or denture) is custom-made to match the patient's natural teeth.
- Attachment of Replacement Tooth: The replacement tooth is attached to the abutment, completing the dental implant restoration.Although there are many advantages to dental implants, not everyone is a suitable candidate. One should take into factors like general health, bone density, and dental hygiene practices. To find out if dental implants are the best choice for your specific case, you must speak with a dentist or oral surgeon.
You can contact us now to get the best-customized treatments for all your dental needs
Contact - +91-7678480661
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org