Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that is used to make the surface of the teeth appear whiter.It cannot make a complete colour change but it may lighten the existing shade.The effects of teeth whitening are not permanent and can last anywhere from a few months to three years.The duration of the effects varies between individuals.Teeth whitening works on natural teeth only.
Main reasons for tooth discoloration:
- Consuming too much tea, coffee, wine, and cola.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco chewing.
- High fluoride in drinking water supply during childhood.
- Accidental or traumatic damage to developing permanent teeth.
- Aging can also contribute to tooth darkening since the enamel thins with age, exposing the dentin beneath.
- Certain medications may also lead to tooth discoloration.
There are two ways to undergo tooth bleaching - home bleaching and in-clinic bleaching (In-office bleaching). The active ingredients in whitening kits approved for home use are at a lower concentration than in a dentist's clinic. For that reason, you will need to use the kit every day for several weeks to see visible results. Some side effects of teeth whitening include sensitivity to the cold and gum discomfort.
Book an appointment at Gupta Dental Clinic
Contact us if you have any further questions about improving your oral health.Call us at +91-7678480661 or send an email to email@example.com